1. Figure out what part of your pattern you want covering your plate, center & trace out.
2. Using an xacto knife cut out your pieces. Be sure to have cardboard or a mat underneath to protect your cutting surface.
3. With a sponge brush put a layer of mod podge on the front and sides of the plate.
4. Smooth your paper onto your plate and put a coat of Mod Podge over it. Once that dries use your xacto knife and from the back side put a hole in the paper so you know where you're cutting and then just going slowly cut out the area.
5. With just a little bit of paint on the sponge brush go around all your edges inside and out from the front and the back. Once the paint dries start on your layers of mod podge. I ended up putting about 5 layers of mod podge on these letting them dry between each coat. I wanted them nice and covered so that I could wipe them down when they got dirty with use.